Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dog day musings while running

I see all kinds of people walking their dogs around our neighborhood park.  One of my weirdest encounters was when I saw a 6foot, 200lb man walking a toy dog!  It was one of those teeny tiny too small to mention breeds!  Yeah sure you may have nothing to compensate for unlike the rest of us 125lb weaklings who get rottweilers but cmon!  Couldn't you at least have gotten a beagle?


Imagine this: A burly man with beefy arms and tree trunk legs, walking a dog who is no bigger than his foot.


I shudder at the thought should he trip and fall on his dog...


Another time a lady was walking her dog untethered and was trying to encourage him to run.  As I ran past them I could hear her telling her dog:


                       "There!  Run after that man!"


Sheesh!  And it was supposed to be an easy run day for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment