Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family demands

My wife USUALLY does not say much when I go out to train.  She hates it though when (according to her) I make such a commotion getting out of bed, preparing my pre-workout meal and getting my gear and myself ready to leave. 


She's an insomniac, a light sleeper and finds it difficult to go back to sleep once awake that sleep is a precious commodity to her.  The over the counter sleeping aids like melatonin and antihistamines don't work on her.  I on the other hand can sleep with a snap of your fingers and can sleep through the baby's crying.  (Can but don't if you must know :-) )


My wife's ears would beat the best motion sensors and burglar  alarms out there.  No matter how quietly I slink out of bed, she always manages to wake up.   


This is why should she want to go to the mall or watch a movie sometime during the day, I have to make sure I am awake and alert. Running and biking for 2 hours or more is no excuse for being tired and sleeping through the movie.   Same thing goes for the little lady.  Should my daughter want to play with me, there is an unwritten rule that I have to pick her up, carry her, run, crawl, sit, squat inspite of the sore quads, hamstrings, calves and arms.  This is why I don't need a gym membership as I get enough upper body workout from carrying my daughter around.


Its either that or rummage in the garbage pile for my bike, swim trunks and running shoes.





1 comment:

  1. That is a struggle between your insomniac wife and you the sleep-anywhere-anytime kinda guy! and hey, I hear you about no need for gym membership and getting enough upper body training. I have an arm of a light weight lifter because of my daughter - you know where I'm going :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete